The Agència de Gestió d'Ajuts Universitaris i de Recerca
[Agency for the Management of University and Research Grants] has published a list of this year's Young Research Awards to promote the scientific spirit among the young. This year the TIC Salut Social Award
will be given for the first time, for the best work related to Digital Health (eHealth, mHealth...) in the health and/or social field, which places the patient/member of the public at the centre of the system as a digital transformation agent. It is awarded jointly with the Fundació TIC Salut Social
There are 78 prizes for research projects and 11 prizes for secondary schools in Catalonia:
70 prizes of €750 in any field. This year they include two Smart People Prizes
- Ramon Margalef Smart People Prize in recognition of the best work which deals with issues related to science and/or related to research activities: ecology, oceanography and limnology.
- Narcís Monturiol Smart People Prize in recognition of the best work dealing with questions related to inventors and their humanist and political activist role and/or for the purpose of their research activities: in engineering and maritime research.
8 prizes of €750 for work in specific fields:
- Reginó Award for the best research on women and their contributions to society and also the secondary school which has done the most to raise interest in this field. Awarded jointly with the ICD.
- INEFC Prize for the best work which aims to promote an interest in research in matters related to physical activity and sports sciences, in recognition of the best research work in this field. Awarded in conjunction with the INEFC.
- Alfons Banda ICIP Award for the two best research projects which promote the analysis and gathering of results in the theoretical field aimed at creating a culture of peace or the practical application of non-violent conflict management. Awarded jointly with the ICIP.
- Ramon Muntaner Prize for the best work in human, social or natural sciences which offers a proposal on applicability in any field of education, and which proposes an element or resource which can contribute to local development. Awarded jointly with the IRMU.
- Luciana Calvo EAPC Prize for the two best research projects which provide reflection, analysis and proposals on topics related to one of the three thematic areas of the Language and Law Magazine, published by the EAPC. Awarded jointly with the EAPC.
- ICT Social Health Award for the best work related to Digital Health (eHealth, mHealth...) in the health and/or social field, which places the patient/member of the public at the centre of the healthcare system as a digital transformation agent. Awarded jointly with the Fundació TIC Salut Social.
11 prizes for secondary schools in Catalonia, 10 prizes to promote the participation of teachers and their students and 1 prize to raise interest in research on women and their contributions to society. Awarded jointly with the ICD.
The call for submissions will remain open until 2 pm on 1 October 2019.