Created in 2010, the Professionals and the Public Advisory Board is an advisory body charged with collaborating in the establishment of priorities and actions to best guide strategies to ensure that ICTs help make today’s health system more equitable and sustainable.
The PPAC’s main responsibilities involve the following objectives:
- To deliberate, advise and present proposals for action to the Board of Trustees and the Steering Committee on aspects related to the ICT Health Foundation’s objectives, to promote the development and use of ICT and networking in the field of health.
- To plan actions to improve relations between the various agents within the health system to promote improvements and greater efficiency.
- To plan actions to establish the ICT Health Foundation as a critical point of contact and innovation in the application of ICT in the field of health, both in Europe and further afield.
- To collaborate with the ICT Health Foundation’s Board of Trustees, its Management Committee and director in the promotion of local and international economic investment, as well as attracting qualified personnel.
- To elect the representatives of the Business Advisory Board’s Steering Group, and to decide which of them will form part of the Permanent Commission.
- To pursue any other objective which contributes to meeting the goals for which it was founded.